LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Stick info needed

Last post 03-10-2003, 6:37 PM by yeb76. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-17-2002, 5:18 PM 2057

Stick info needed

Hello guys,

I'm building a replica of an F/A-18 stick and throttle to use in a virtual cockpit (don't say I'm crazy because I'm building a stick myself... there are peeps building bridges with spaghetti, THOSE are crazy... :)) and I need some info about fighter jet sticks...

Here they are... does anyone have an idea of what is the range of motion of a military stick? I mean, the degrees you can incline the stick in each direction?

Any help is welcome :)

Seb
  •  11-19-2002, 3:50 PM 2059 in reply to 2057

Re: Stick info needed

No, you're not crazy for building a flight stick. You're crazy beacuse you building a whole cockpit.

I don't know the answer to your question but you can probably search online at Yahoo or Google to find it. Maybe try:
    F/A-18 flight stick
    F/A-18 flight stick specs
    fighter sticks
    fighter stick specs
    and any other details

I hope this help somewhat. :-)
  •  01-25-2003, 8:42 PM 2132 in reply to 2057

Military joysticks will vary in the exact degree of movement. Set the F18 to whatever fits your cockpit and feels right. If you use stops with setscrew adjustment, you can change it in the future if you must be precise. No pilot really cares as long as the plane flies correctly. I built the first civilian F16C simulator in 1992. It was a real mess making the compression joystick work on a pc. You won't have any trouble with the F18. It has about 16-20 degrees of total movement. Unfortunately, I had to stop flying because I went blind in one eye. You won't have that trouble, either. Good Luck!!
  •  03-10-2003, 6:37 PM 2191 in reply to 2057

hi seb
    if you think you're crazy , so am i !
    i practise flying on F/A 18E superHornet simulator and i want to build it's cockpit .i've eard of EPIC cards to improve the realistic touch , etc etc . But i don't want to spend a lot ad i think about all the ideas to build the cockpit .
    when i surf on net , i've never find the maesures of the board : can you help me ?
    do you know the width of the cockpit
    i you have a plan , it will be nice to send me at yeb76@aol.com
    what simulator do you use ?
    can you contact me ?
    thanks
    MARC ( FRANCE)
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login